主題

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2014-11-21 12:26:15 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 keith 於 2014-11-21 13:44 編輯

The Graduate (Dustin Hoffman)...heard that the director of The Graduate passed away this week.

Due to renovation of our new home and some personal matters recently, we have not seen any movie for over a month.  We miss movie !!

點評

Thanks redrede ! It takes almost 6 months to complete.  發表於 2014-11-24 09:58
I don't have the time to watch a movie either, hope the renovation goes well!!  發表於 2014-11-22 08:55
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2014-11-22 16:06:37 | 顯示全部樓層
The Assault (2014 Film)

The Plot:
After a cheerleader is sexually assaulted by the high school football team, she must overcome her shame and use the evidence gathered from the subsequent social media firestorm to piece together the night that she can't remember in her fight for justice. Based on the true story of the Steubenville, Ohio rape case.

Level:
II

Directed by:
Jason Winn

Main Cast:
Makenzie Vega, Gary Weeks, Khandi Alexander, Amy Bruckner (Amelia Ellen Bruckner), Pierson Fode, Christopher Foley

My Comment:
Every woman should know how to protect themselves and men should not take advantage of the others.   

My Rating:
2.6/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaysZinPTTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJuak1NXb6w

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?立即註冊

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2014-11-22 16:28:13 | 顯示全部樓層
The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010 Film)

The Plot:
Set in the mystical lands of Persia, a rogue prince and a mysterious princess race against dark forces to safeguard an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time -- a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Level:
II

Directed by:
Mike Newell

Main Cast:
Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Ben Kingsley, Alfred Molina, Steve Toussaint

My Comment:
One of the Best Dinsey Movies  

My Rating:
3.1/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ7Li5w2I-k

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2014-12-10 14:53:03 | 顯示全部樓層
Inglourious Basterds (2009 Film)

The Plot:
In Nazi-occupied France, young Jewish refugee Shosanna Dreyfus witnesses the slaughter of her family by Colonel Hans Landa. Narrowly escaping with her life, she plots her revenge several years later when German war hero Fredrick Zoller takes a rapid interest in her and arranges an illustrious movie premiere at the theater she now runs. With the promise of every major Nazi officer in attendance, the event catches the attention of the "Basterds", a group of Jewish-American guerilla soldiers led by the ruthless Lt. Aldo Raine. As the relentless executioners advance and the conspiring young girl's plans are set in motion, their paths will cross for a fateful evening that will shake the very annals of history.

Level:
R

Directed by:
Quentin Tarantino

Main Cast:
Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Eli Roth, Melanie Laurent, Machael Fassbender, Til Schweiger, Diane Kruger  

My Comment:
The acting was superb!! Rich meaningful dialog and sudden shocking action

My Rating:
3.5/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrRy6kSFF0

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2014-12-23 17:19:52 | 顯示全部樓層
Promised Land (2012 Film)

The Plot:
Corporate salesman Steve Butler (Damon) arrives in a rural town with his sales partner, Sue Thomason (McDormand). With the town having been hit hard by the economic decline of recent years, the two outsiders see the local citizens as likely to accept their company's offer, for drilling rights to their properties, as much-needed relief. What seems like an easy job for the duo becomes complicated by the objection of a respected schoolteacher (Holbrook) with support from a grassroots campaign led by another man (Krasinski) who counters Steve both personally and professionally.

Level:
II

Directed by:
Gus Van Sant

Main Cast:
Matt Damon, Frances McDormand, Titus Welliver, John Krasinski, Rosemarie DeWitt, Hal Holbrook, Carla Bianco, Sara Lindsey

My Comment:
Big decision time, money or true? It happens everywhere......

My Rating:
3.6/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GDuVbXKQ9U

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-1-8 15:24:29 | 顯示全部樓層
Contraband (2012 Film)

The Plot:
Chris Faraday once smuggled illegal items or contraband into the country on freighters. He left that life behind, got married has a family and went legit. But when his brother-in-law got involved with Briggs, a drug dealer and when he blew a deal, Briggs demands restitution which he can't deliver. So Chris offers to find a way to pay him but the he threatens Chris' family if he doesn't deliver. So he gets on a freighter destined for Panama and he sets out to bring back some counterfeit currency. Briggs "goes to see" Chris' family. When Chris learns of this he asks his friend Sebastian to take care of them which he does. He tells Chris that it would be better to bring drugs instead of the cash.

Level:
II

Directed by: Baltasar Kormakur

Main Cast:
Mark Wahlberg, Kate Beckinsale, Ben Foster, Giovanni Ribisi, Lukas Haas

My Comment:
Overall is a good action movie

My Rating:
3.6/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjcCbSmF_OA

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-1-8 15:40:49 | 顯示全部樓層
Troy (2004 Film)

The Plot:
It is the year 1250 B.C. during the late Bronze age. Two emerging nations begin to clash after Paris, the Trojan prince, convinces Helen, Queen of Sparta, to leave her husband, Menelaus, and sail with him back to Troy. After Menelaus finds out that his wife was taken by the Trojans, he asks his brother Agamemnon to help him get her back. Agamemnon sees this as an opportunity for power. So they set off with 1,000 ships holding 50,000 Greeks to Troy. With the help of Achilles, the Greeks are able to fight the never before defeated Trojans. But they come to a stop by Hector, Prince of Troy. The whole movie shows their battle struggles and the foreshadowing of fate in this remake by Wolfgang Petersen of Homer's "The Iliad."

Level:
R

Directed by: Wolfgang Petersen

Main Cast:
Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, Diane Kruger, Rose Byrne, Peter O'Toole, Brendan Gleeson, Sean Bean, Saffron Burrows

My Comment:
I didn't find I like any of the characters, but I guess it may not be far off the facts.....

My Rating:
3.4/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyQOumuSN4

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-1-8 15:52:09 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2015-1-12 08:06 編輯

Flags of Our Fathers (2006 Film)

The Plot:
In 1945, the Marines attack twelve thousand Japaneses protecting the twenty square kilometers of the sacred Iwo Jima island in a very violent battle. When they reach the Mount Suribachi and six soldiers raise their flag on the top, the picture becomes a symbol in a post Great Depression America. The government brings the three survivors to America to raise funds for war, bringing hope to desolate people, and making the three men heroes of the war. However, the traumatized trio has difficulty dealing with the image built by their superiors, sharing the heroism with their mates.

Level:
II

Directed by: Clint Eastwood

Main Cast:
Ryan Phillippe, George Grizzard, Jesse Bradford, Adam Beach, Paul Walker, John Slattery, Barry Pepper, Neal McDonough, Melanie Lynskey

My Comment:
Another classic production of Clint Eastwood, very sad and touchy that make you feel very uncomfortable.A photograph means everything........

My Rating:
4.1/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKuym66LIr4

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-1-13 10:36:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Safe Haven (2013 Film)

The Plot:
When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small North Carolina town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet self-effacing, Katie seems determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships: one with Alex, a widowed store owner with a kind heart and two young children; and another with her plainspoken single neighbor, Jo. Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community and becoming increasingly attached to Alex and his family. But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts and terrifies her . . . a past that set her on a fearful, shattering journey across the country, to the sheltered oasis of Southport. With Jo's empathic and stubborn support, Katie eventually realizes that she must choose between a life of transient safety and one of riskier rewards

Level:
II

Directed by: Lasse Hallstrom

Main Cast:
Julianne Hough, Josh Duhamel, David Lyons, Irene Ziegler, Cobie Smulders, Mimi Kirkland, Noah Lamax

My Comment:
Easy movie to watch and the last bit of speeches was the highlight of the film.

My Rating:
3.4/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6i_Z1Srsw

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-2-26 09:48:26 | 顯示全部樓層
The Prestige (2006 Film)

The Plot:
In the end of the Nineteenth Century, in London, Robert Angier, his beloved wife Julia McCullough and Alfred Borden are friends and assistants of a magician. When Julia accidentally dies during a performance, Robert blames Alfred for her death and they become enemies. Both become famous and rival magicians, sabotaging the performance of the other on the stage. When Alfred performs a successful trick, Robert becomes obsessed trying to disclose the secret of his competitor with tragic consequences.

Level:
II

Directed by: Christopher Nolan

Main Cast:
Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Piper Perabo, Rebecca Hall, Scarlett Johansson, David Bowie

My Comment:
Very entertaining, make you always think about the next step, very well constructed movie!

My Rating:
3.8/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4gHCmTQDVI

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-5-30 16:55:36 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2015-6-4 12:20 編輯

The kite Runner (2007 Film)

The Plot:
The Kite Runner is the first novel by Afghan-American author Khaled Hosseini. Published in 2003 by Riverhead Books, it tells the story of Amir, a young boy from the Wazir Akbar Khan district of Kabul, whose closest friend is Hassan, his father's young Hazara servant. The story is set against a backdrop of tumultuous events, from the fall of Afghanistan's monarchy through the Soviet military intervention, the exodus of refugees to Pakistan and the United States, and the rise of the Taliban regime.

Hosseini has commented that he considers The Kite Runner to be a father–son story, emphasizing the familial aspects of the narrative, an element that he continued to use in his later works. Themes of guilt and redemption feature prominently in the novel, with a pivotal scene depicting an act of violence against Hassan that Amir fails to prevent. The latter half of the book centers on Amir's attempts to atone for this transgression by rescuing Hassan's son over two decades later.

Level:
II

Directed by: Marc Forster

Main Cast:
Khalid Abdalla, Atossa Leoni, Homayoun Ershadi, Zekria Ebrahimi, Ahmad Khan Mahmoodzada, Shaun Toub

My Comment:
A Touchy story and the angle of filming is very good. "For you, a thousand times over!"

My Rating:
3.8/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqTu7RsTsYU

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-5-30 17:17:08 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2015-5-31 22:36 編輯

Erin Brockovich (2000 Film)

The Plot:
Erin Brockovich is an unemployed single mother, desperate to find a job, but is having no luck. This losing streak even extends to a failed lawsuit against a doctor in a car accident she was in. With no alternative, she successfully browbeats her lawyer to give her a job in compensation for the loss. While no one takes her seriously, with her trashy clothes and earthy manners, that soon changes when she begins to investigate a suspicious real estate case involving the Pacific Gas & Electric Company. What she discovers is that the company is trying quietly to buy land that was contaminated by hexavalent chromium, a deadly toxic waste that the company is improperly and illegally dumping and, in turn, poisoning the residents in the area. As she digs deeper, Erin finds herself leading point in a series of events that would involve her lawfirm in one of the biggest class action lawsuits in American history against a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Level:
II

Directed by: Steven Soderbergh

Main Cast:
Julia Roberts, Albert Finney, Aaron Eckhart, "Edward L. Masry and Erin Brockovich-Ellis"

My Comment:
Why we human make Law and the processes so complicated! Justice is all we want!

My Rating:
3.4/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ftkL6qhT8
http://www.salon.com/2000/04/14/sharp/

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-7-15 10:13:51 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2015-7-15 10:33 編輯

Malena (2000 Italian Film)

The Plot:
During World War II, in Sicily a 12 year old boy Renato (Giuseppe Sulfaro) tells the story of a young shy woman "Malena" whose life is destroyed because she has the misfortune to be beautiful. Renato notices Malena one day with his pals. He, too, becomes smitten with the beautiful woman. She inhabits the home of her husband, Nino. He's a soldier fighting in Africa. Malena is gorgeous. The whole town takes notice - the men and boys want her; the women want her gone. Everyone says horrible things about Malena. They paint her as a loose woman just because she's curvaceous and gorgeous. The gossips continue to spread lies about her and the local men did nothing to help her........

Level:
II

Directed and Written by: Giuseppe Tornatore (from a story by Luciano Vincenzoni)

Main Cast:
Guiseppe Sulfaro, Monica Bellucci, Luciano Federico, Matilde Piana, Pietro Notarianni, Gaetano Aronica

My Comment:
An entertaining and sad story! The story is being told with some major events and the film lead you and your mind "couldn't take your eyes off Monica". I'm sure some of you might have fascinated by an older woman when you were younger, in a romantic way. This is surely an underrated movie.

The movie shows the taste of the gramophone record is so charming and you would love it.
Ma l'amore no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bjwa1LpEA

Monica Bellucci at 50, will be the oldest James Bond's girl (in Spectre 2015), unbelievable!

My Rating:
4/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-O0p6qRKBY

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-8-13 10:23:01 | 顯示全部樓層
Last Vegas (2013 Film)

The Plot:
Billy (Michael Douglas), Paddy (Robert De Niro), Archie (Morgan Freeman) and Sam (Kevin Kline) have been best friends since childhood. So when Billy, the group's sworn bachelor, finally proposes to his thirty-something (of course) girlfriend, the four head to Las Vegas with a plan to stop acting their age and relive their glory days. However, upon arriving, the four quickly realize that the decades have transformed Sin City and tested their friendship in ways they never imagined. The Rat Pack may have once played the Sands and Cirque du Soleil may now rule the Strip, but it's these four who are taking over Vegas.

Level:
II

Directed by: Jon Turleltaub

Main Cast:
Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Kline, Mary Steenburgen

My Comment:
There are things changing you along the way, but don't stop you having a life by any means! Easy to watch and encouraging!

My Rating:
3.4/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMnr-R7BkkU

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-9-17 09:49:52 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2015-10-2 09:40 編輯

The Scandalous Lady W (2015 TV Film)

The Plot:
Based on a true story, a gripping 18th century drama details the scandalous life of Lady Seymour Worsley (Seymour Dorothy Fleming), who dared to leave her husband and elope with his best friend, Captain George Bisset. Lady Seymour Worsley escapes her troubled marriage only to find herself at the centre of a very public trial brought by her powerful husband Sir Richard Worsley.

Level:
II

Directed by: Sheree Folkson

Main Cast:
Natalie Dormer, Aneurin Barnard, Shaun Evans

My Comment:
You don't see powerful people have their outrageous news simply because people accept any kind of wrong doing today! And women were just a property back in the day and yet women are still relate to money and properties, sad!

My Rating:
3.4/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4qy1MJ4pEY
http://www.theweek.co.uk/64811/l ... -behind-the-scandal

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2015-9-29 11:17:02 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2015-9-29 11:21 編輯

Tomorrowland (2015 Disney)

The Plot:
The story begins with an adult Frank Walker telling an off-screen audience, his attendance of the 1964 New York World's Fair as a child. In the flashback, he meets David Nix, who is unimpressed with Frank's limited jet pack, but draws the attention of a young girl named Athena. Seeing his potential, Athena gives Frank a pin embossed with a "T" symbol and tells him to follow her aboard the fair's "It's a Small World" attraction. Frank sneaks onto the ride, where his pin is scanned and he is transported into a futuristic cityscape known as Tomorrowland. He falls from a ledge, straps on his jet pack, and lands safely before Nix and Athena.........

Level:
I

Directed by: Brad Bird

Main Cast:
George Clooney, Brittany Robertson, Raffey Cassidy, Hugh Laurie, Thomas Robinson

My Comment:
Good movie with big meaning. Tomorrow is in our hands! We are here to complain everyday why don't we change the World for a better place from now!?
Great movie to take your kid to see, as in HK we don't have room for our kids to look for their dreams, yes I'm talking their dreams not yours and this is nothing relate to the career, but their futures on earth, in the Universe.

My Rating:
3.4/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWZ7O-RrATY

本帖子中包含更多資源

x

點評

redrede, very well said! 100% agree!  發表於 2015-11-9 11:01
但當然我希望我小孩子能夠有快樂童年,為上大學跟本不需要放這麼多時間去讀書死記,也不要為入比較好學校而去扮成年人,時機到自然會成長  發表於 2015-10-26 09:58
Haha我們又沒有一早計劃離開香港因為小孩子,算係工作機會吧!係香港工作太忙比較少時間享受生活  發表於 2015-10-26 09:46
這也許也是你離開香港的原因了吧,在此祝福小孩子健康快樂地成長。無論將來他是一個農夫還是一個愛因思坦,快樂是最重要。至少我認為是這樣。  發表於 2015-10-26 08:47
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2017-3-18 10:41:16 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2017-3-18 12:02 編輯

本帖最後由 redrede 於 2015-9-29 11:21 編輯

Me before you(2016)

The Plot:Young and quirky Louisa "Lou" Clark (Emilia Clarke) moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), a wealthy young banker left paralyzed from an accident two years earlier. Will's cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.

Level:
II

Directed by: Thea Sharrock
Writer: Jojo Moyes

Main Cast:
Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin, Matthew Lewis, Jenna Coleman, Charles Dance, Jenet McTeer

My Comment:
Story is based on a Novel, Emilia is still the one to watch, her performance brings the movie on a higher level. I like this movie and they could do it on a very sad way but it hasn't. "You can't change the people are, (but)you (can) love them" Life can be up or down and you may wish to control while you can. There is another book call "After you" which is the following story, they are talking if they can make it into a movie.

My Rating:
3.5/5
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa ... eHR9XS9KzuBbiK4t8EQ.........
https://youtu.be/uEv57GJzHMw

本帖子中包含更多資源

x
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

VIP

積分
發表於 2017-3-18 13:13:19 | 顯示全部樓層

點評

Very intense  發表於 2017-3-18 17:59
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|mclassic.com.hk

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 12:59 , Processed in 0.022043 second(s), 17 queries .